OPEN A CASE
There are three options for obtaining a Child Support Enforcement application.
Online – Application for Child Support
Telephone – Call Otero County CSEU at (719) 383-3100 to request an application.
In person – Pick up an application at the Child Support Office located at 215 Raton, La Junta, CO 81050. Check in with the Receptionist and ask to see a Child Support Technician.
Submit your application, including the $20.00 non-refundable application fee, either by mail or in person.
- If you are currently applying or receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), the $20.00 application fee is not required.
- There are no other exceptions to the child support application processing fee. Though a separate application is required for each non-custodial parent parent, the $20 fee covers all applications from the same applicant received at the same time.
Otero County Child Support Enforcement Unit
P.O. Box 494, La Junta, CO 81050
The Child Support Enforcement unit will also need copies of the following documents, if they apply to your case:
- Photo ID of applicant
- Social Security cards for all children
- Photo of other parent
- Order for Paternity, Child Support Order, Divorce Decree, Separation Agreement, and/or Parenting Plan
- Verification of your income if there is no Child Support Order
- Birth Certificates
- Divorce Petition (if you are in the process of obtaining a divorce)
CLOSE A CASE
Child Support Enforcement (CSE) will close a case:
When an obligation ends and the non-custodial parent has paid all support and arrears, or
When making all possible reasonable attempts to establish or enforce an order with no success, or
When trying but not being able to find the non-custodial parent or the custodial party, or
When a written closure notice is provided by the person who applied for services
CSE may send a letter to you 60 days before closing the case. Even if a case is closed, it does not always mean that the non-custodial parent's legal duty to pay support will end. If new information about a case is received, the case may be reopened.